A Closer Look at Development and CRO: What You Need to Know
Understanding Development and CRO
When it comes to making your website better, two essential things to focus on are Development and CRO.
Development is about building and improving websites. It's like constructing a house. Skilled people use tools to create web pages that look good and work well. They also fix things if something isn't right.
How Development Works
- Planning: Decide what your website needs and how it should look.
- Building: Skilled people use computer languages to create web pages.
- Testing: Check if everything works smoothly.
- Launching: Put your website online for everyone to see.
- Improving: Keep making your website better over time.
CRO, or Conversion Rate Optimisation, is about making your website visitors do what you want them to do. It's like a store owner arranging things so that customers buy more.
How CRO Works
- Understanding: Figure out what you want visitors to do (like buying, signing up, etc.).
- Checking: See where visitors might be leaving or not doing what you want.
- Improving: Change things to encourage visitors to do what you want.
- Testing: Try out changes to see if they work better.
- Repeating: Keep making changes to get more people to do what you want.
Development and CRO: A Dynamic Duo
Development and CRO work hand in hand. A well-built website is the foundation. If your site is confusing or broken, CRO won't help much. But once you have a solid site, CRO can help you get more out of it.
So, whether you're creating a new website or improving an existing one, remember that development is about building and maintaining, while CRO is about making sure your visitors do what you want. When these two work together, your online presence can become stronger and more effective.